I'm 26 weeks pregnant
I spend most of my days carrying around my beautiful 26 lbs daughter.
Just thought that was worth blogging about. I feel like I should be saying I'm going to be running a 26.2 mile marathon or something, but no worries. I would never do such a crazy thing!
Instead, I'll share 26 random things I haven't gotten to blog about.... bear with me if you're interested! I'm breaking it up into list form and keeping them all short... no order!
1. This pregnancy is FLYING. With Ellie, the days couldn't go fast enough, now I feel like I can't keep up!
2. Speaking of time flying- so is summer, YIKES! Students move in next week.
3. We *may* have decided on a name for our baby girl. I'm so hesitant to commit, and not sure if I'll be able to keep it a secret til November, but we shall see.
4. I got up at 4:40 am this morning to start our trek back to Champaign. It was a LONG day, but such a great trip. If only we didn't live SO far away from family!
5. Noah and I celebrate our 5th anniversary on Friday. How did that happen already? It's hard to believe we had only been married 1 1/2 years when we moved to IL. This has been the most challenging and most rewarding season of my life. Our life is SO rich!
6. I haven't talked a lot about this- but it has been a challenging time for my heart. Ellie is 15 1/2 months and taking her time in her gross motor development. She just started crawling in the last week or two and is not yet walking. I've had the same conversation a million times this summer, "How old is she?" <insert age here, depending on when I got asked> "Is she walking?'' <nope, not yet> "Oh, she's just enjoying crawling" <nope, she's not crawling yet either> "Oh, I'm sure she's fine" <silence> It hurts my heart for me to feel the need to defend her. I appreciate others interest, but am tired of having to explain!
7. At the end of June we decided to get her evaluated as she wasn't really moving around much, and had yet to pull herself to standing. Of course, as soon as we made that decision, she's progressed steadily ever since!
8. Long story short, it seems that part of all of this is she is just so content, but part of it is a delay. She does qualify for Physical Therapy services, and so we start those this week.
9. We learned she has "weak muscle tone" she is still in the normal range, but it seems that she needs some help strengthening her muscles.
10. We also bought her some Stride Rite tennis shoes per the Physical Therapists recommendation. It breaks my heart that my 1 year old needs arched tennis shoes and can't wear all of her adorable sandals, but it's best for her, and a very MINOR problem in the scope of life.
11. I've just always had major foot issues... so I feel her pain, literally!
12. Ellie is getting more verbal every day, I can't keep up! She fell in love with Noah's parents puppy this weekend. When we got home tonight she noticed (for the first time) her puppy stuffed animal. She could not stop saying 'puh, puh, puh,puh'
13. Then she proceeded to wave goodnight to her puppy, and practically everything else in her room. I think she's glad to be home!
14. One of Ellie's favorite things is to get the mail... I took her out with me once to get it and she learned how to open and close the mail box and pull out the mail. It's so adorable! It's one of the highlights of the day (sometimes we even do it multiple times per day, as she doesn't care what's in the box!)
15. Noah's sister got married this weekend- it was a beautiful wedding and Ellie got to wear a beautiful dress! Noah and I were both in the wedding, so it made for a wild weekend, but we're so grateful my parents were along to help us out!
16. Chels & Matt had a bubble receiving line.... Ellie fell in love with bubbles and learned another new word, pretty similar to "puppy" but instead it's "buh, buh, buh, buh" :)
17. Ellie has always been a great eater- not picky at all. Until the last month and a half. She's started refusing just about everything we eat. She'll always eat cheese, any sort of fruit except canteloupe, tortilla shells, bread, pb& j, yogurt, applesauce or crackers. Other than that, you just never know!
18. I'm realizing that Ellie spends most of her life around adults, and very little time around other kids. It's like I'm always taking her places and non-verbally saying "be good" :) She is very well behaved, but I'm starting to realize how hard it is on her to be around adults and expecting to just be good all the time...
19. We are SO excited for this school year. The students who will be seniors were our first class of freshmen when we moved here. They are very near and dear to our hearts. It will be a very special year!
20. Two of my good college friends are getting married this month- pretty exciting! Sad I only got to go to one of them, but very happy for them both!
21. We had 10 weddings this summer- YIKES! I guess that's what you get when you work with college students :) We didn't make it to all of them, but were honored to be invited!
22. I go back and forth between feeling very on top of things to feeling so dis-organized. I guess that's what being a mom is like!
23. Ellie brings us more joy than we could ever express. She's been able to say 'mama' for a long time, but is finally choosing to say it. Unlike a month ago when I said "Ellie, say mama" and Ellie said "dada" I replied, "HA HA HA" to which Ellie responded "ha ha ha" What a goof!
24. Ellie's hair is getting so long and curly- I hope she gets my curls someday!!
25. There are 25+ things I should be doing instead of blogging-including unpacking everything from the last 2 weeks, but oh well. I just needed some time to sit!
26. Way to go if you stuck with this! What's something random on your mind? :)
:) Here's to the number 26!