People must be praying for us because I feel far more patient than I'd expect myself to be. Each day she waits is giving me time to prepare in some way (physically, emotionally, spiritually) and so I'm grateful for that! Not to mention, some special time with Ellie :)
The Navs here hosted a diaper shower for me and baby girl this weekend. How sweet and thoughtful of them to take time to celebrate us!! It was filled with all sorts of "not-my-taste" sort of games (If you know me, I'm not into bodily function talk or games). BUT they warned me it was coming, and did a great job with them. So it was just really silly (and yes, I'll admit it, fun!) It was SO thoughtful of them and we're SO grateful for all of the diapers! God continues to provide for us in amazing ways. We are So grateful!!! And now that we have diapers, we are REALLY ready for baby!
We also put up our Christmas tree (never done that so early- but it's so fun!) It took Ellie a bit to warm up to it, but now she excitedly points and says "tree" :) She helped put up the first 20 or so decorations. I'd pass her one- she would walk to Noah and he'd help her put it on. It was precious!
Other highlights of the week:
1) My friends threw me a "Mommys time out" a few weeks ago and blessed me with a giftcard for a pedicure... My friend Angie went with on Saturday and I am SO grateful for all of my friends and for the sweet gift! Pedicures at the end of pregnancies are AWESOME! Not to mention it was 70* this weekend, so we went to the park and had ice cream after the pedicure! Weird to do this one day and put up your tree the next!
2) Last night at a meeting at church, it was running late and so I got Ellie out of childcare and had her sit with us for the last little bit. Noah ended up taking her out a few minutes before the end of the meeting because she was getting tired. We were sitting near the very back of church but as he stood up to walk out with her, she very confidently (and loudly) said "bye" in her sweet little happy voice. The whole crowd started laughing and there was a full minute pause. Everyone was looking at me and smiling SO big. The man up front just laughed, paused, and said "Well, we're running late, she's right" or something like that. It's a story we won't forget for a long time! Lots of people came up afterwards saying how it was the cutest thing. It was adorable ;)
3) Ellie is all about routine- when it's time to go she gets my shoes, she goes to the closet to get our coats (sometimes Noah doesn't think he needs to wear a coat as it's not that cold... and Ellie insists he puts it on!) she even finds a purse (of hers) to bring along. It's adorable!
4) I feel like we're enjoying Ellie extra much these last few days. Knowing we'll have another baby very soon makes me SO grateful for each minute with Ellie. I know our love will multiply and grow and make room for another baby, but I hope both girls know how much we love them!!!!!
5) This morning I got brave and did some crafts with Ellie. It's a very rare day at home! I have so few days without students coming over or me going to campus, that I have to take full advantage of them! We started out with a little thanksgiving painting project. Then we painted in the bathtub (which she LOVED!) I'm not a big fan of mess, so it took me out of my comfort zone... but I was already planning to give her a bath this morning, so why not? If you have never tried painting in the bath tub- you really should, it is SO easy to make and SO easy to clean up! (I used baby soap instead of dish soap). I'm serious! Just grab a rag before you start ... as soon as you are done with the painting you can use the rag to wipe down the tub (and the child). Then take your child's diaper off and fill the tub for a bath.
Well, I plan to continue nesting today in my own little way. I've had fun catching up on Ellie's baby book and working on another one! (Can't wait to share her name with you!!!) Making room for all of this baby stuff (not to mention a Christmas tree!) our house is feeling pretty cramped, but we can't complain. Our lives are feeling so full and rich in every way!