We make it a point to discuss issues in the arena of sexuality each year. There's such a tremendous need for guidance and biblical wisdom in this area -- otherwise it is so easy to be blown to and fro by the changing waves of our culture's opinions.
This year we decided to change it up. We solicited questions, except the guys directed questions to the female staff, and the girls directed questions to the male staff.
We received lots of interesting and thoughtful questions. Here's a sample of a few of the questions we (attempted to :) tackle:
- What are appropriate boundaries to have in a dating relationship?
- Why do you want to get married?
- What role should sexuality play in a dating relationship?
- What percentage of guys struggle with various sexual sins? (ie. masturbation, pornography, fantasy, etc)
- Is it appropriate to be best friends with the opposite sex that you have no intention of dating?
- What is the role of physical appearance in deciding to date someone?
Whew! Some of these the bible speaks directly to, and others, more indirectly. But God's Word is relevant for all of life- and thankfully so! Our students' questions are important and real.
Please pray that God would continue to develop and heal our students' sexualities according to His design, that He would be glorified, and they would be blessed.